The Badrilla CAPTUREomeTM S-Palmitoylated Protein Kit is a simple and easy way of determining whether your protein of interest is post translationally modified with a palmitate group. The assay is based on the acyl-RAC (resin assisted capture) method and facilitates, with four simple steps – Block, Cleave, Capture and Analysis - determination of protein palmitoylation.
- Enables capture of S-palmitoylated proteins.
- Kit designed to process 4 x 5 biological samples with paired negative controls (i.e. 40 samples in total).
- Convenient stopping point after blocking treatment.
- Assay suitable for downstream SDS-PAGE, western blot or mass spectrometry analysis.
- Forrester M.T., et al. (2011) Site-specific analysis of protein S-acylation by resin assisted capture. J. Lipid Res. 52: 393-398
- Howie, J. et al (2014) Substrate recognition by the cell surface palmitoyl transferase DHHC5. PNAS 111: 17534–17539
For more helpful information on palmitoylation