Metformin increases degradation of phospholamban via autophagy
David Maclennan's group in Toronto have studied PLN stability and degradation in primary cultured mouse neonatal cardiomyocytes (CMNCs) and mouse hearts. Read the full paper here. Discover other publications from the Maclennan group here.
Key findings to date:
- Inhibition of lysosomal and autophagic activities promotes endogenous PLN accumulation, whereas;
- Acceleration of autophagy with autophagy activator metformin enhances PLN degradation in CMNCs.
- Pentameric PLN is polyubiquitinylated at the K3 residue
- Ubiquitinylation is required for p62-mediated selective autophagy trafficking
- Identifies a mechanism that traffics PLN to the lysosomes for degradation
Which tools do I need? Badrilla is pleased to offer new panel of reagents to facilitate the study of ubiquitination and autophagy in your experimental workflow.
Product code: A010-501
Macrocyclic triene antibiotic that binds to and inhibits the molecular target of rapamycin (mTOR) in complex with FKBP12. Learn More